What if I bite into food and find a bug or a foreign object?

By: Tom DeLattre



You may have a claim if you find a foreign object in your food, and depending on damages (such as a broken tooth or similar medical consequence), possibly a substantial claim at that. If the foreign object in your food makes you feel sick and unable to eat, your claim may be minimal or non-existent. However, if the foreign object found within the food results in a broken tooth, you MUST keep the foreign object and may want to keep the portion of broken tooth as well. Without the foreign object, your claim may be difficult to prove.

The same logic applies if you find something in a canned or bottled beverage. You must keep the container that the foreign object was found within and have the object examined by an expert for identification. Objects such as glass, grasshoppers, rodent material, staples, bone chips, frogs, worms, spiders, and even a piece of a finger from a prep chef have been found in our clients’ food and drinks.

Should you have any questions regarding this type of claim, please give us a call at (407)841-7699.  Consultations are free.

For additional resources, keep checking our blog, LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for more helpful hints and to always be informed about best practices in law.


Upon settlement of my case, I felt it was a fair settlement amount and that Mr. Hilado did everything in his power to ensure this process had truly been smooth and as comfortable as possible. Every step along the way, which was a true long journey, I was kept informed of the progress, I could not have asked for more!

– Doris

Attorneys you can trust. My daughter was in an automobile accident several months ago. She was really hurt and being only 19 really didn’t know how to take up for herself with regards to the other persons insurance company. They continued to call her and pressure her to accept their offer. Having known Glen Wieland for some time, I recommended that she contact his firm. What good advice that has turned out to be. They have watched out for her and made sure that she receives the medical attention that she needs. I feel so much better knowing that she is being properly represented.

– Alice Bailey